How Does It Work
The Desk Den is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
The last booking is at 4pm.
Members can use The Desk Den outside these hours and on weekends; this will be agreed in their membership package.
How to book
Whether you would like to rent a desk, become a member or book one or more of our services you can book via the following arrangement:
- Call in, pop into the office and hope that there is a desk available for you to use at that time or pop in and talk to a Desk Den Representative to discuss a membership package that suits your needs.
- You can phone and book a desk in advance, this is more advisable. You can also telephone and speak to a Desk Den Representative to discuss a membership package that suits your needs or the service you require.
- You can email via the website by visiting our contact page or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of The Desk Den Representatives will be in touch.
What is a membership package?
Our membership package allows you to create the service that suits your needs on a month to month basis. You can use the membership for one month or more. There is no tie in, deposit or administration fee just pay as you go. If you know you will need to rent a desk on a continual basis every month it is more cost effective to create a membership package, this will help to manage your cash flow. You can also add in one or more of our other services to suit your needs. For example if you require more of an office base you can rent our address, a desk and meeting room space for a cost effective package that will give your business a more professional image as you grow.
Benefits of a membership package
- More cost effective if you use our service on a regular basis
- It can help to manage your monthly costs and cash flow
- It can help you grow your business through our additional services, networking and collaboration with other members, business seminars and surgeries
- Meet clients for an informal meeting for FREE
- FREE entry to the business seminars and surgeries
- Access to a resource centre of local businesses
- Coworking Visa which allows you to visit other Coworking Spaces in other Cities and around the world
How does a membership package work?
- Your membership starts the day you register for your membership.
- Your membership is based on a 4 week period i.e. if you start on a Wednesday then your membership will end on the 4th Tuesday after that date.
- You must use up all your time during that 4 week period your time will not roll over unless agreed in advance.
- You will either record your time in days or hours. i.e. if you have booked a 4 day membership then you will either have 4 days at 9am to 5pm to use during the 4 week month or 32 hours to use at any time during the 4 week period.
- To record your hours you must sign in and out in The Desk Den diary on reception.
- Your hours will be added to your membership record and these can be emailed or text to you on a weekly basis to remind you of the time you have left.
- Your membership will not automatically renew unless you have agreed this in advance.
What is a coworking visa?
Wikipedia definition: A coworking visa allows active members of one space to use other coworking spaces around the world for FREE for a set number of days (3 is the default). Terms vary from space to space with regard to hours of operation, how many days are offered, reservation requirements, etc., so be sure to check the Visa terms for the space you want to visit.
Typically it is attractive to work-at-home professionals, independent contractors, or people who travel frequently who end up working in relative isolation. Coworking is the social gathering of a group of people, who are still working independently, but who share values, and who are interested in the synergy that can happen from working with talented people in the same space.
Can I print at The Desk Den?
Yes you can print at The Desk Den, we have an all singing and dancing machine that also scan’s, faxes and book binds! Our charges are 5p for black and white and 15p for colour. This is added onto your daily bill or next month’s bill if you have a membership. We can also create a printing package to manage your monthly costs.
Are there meeting rooms?
Yes there are many meeting rooms of various sizes to suit all needs. We have meeting rooms that can hold two people to conference rooms for up to 50. Prices will be confirmed at the time of booking. We always suggest you visit The Den meeting rooms prior to booking to ensure they suit your needs.
They include unlimited tea and coffee and biscuits and a flip chart if required. This service also includes advertising, if your meeting is a training course or seminar we will add it to our event page on our website which we will then promote to our members and database, we will also add it to our social media sites. The only additional charges are for a buffet and hire of a projector if required. All prices are cost effective.
When am I invoiced?
You are invoiced on the day you use The Desk Den for each of our services.
When do I pay?
Payment is expected on the same day as you are invoiced. If you work for a national company and will need to claim your receipts back from expenses then please talk to a Desk Den Representative who will be happy to discuss an alternative arrangement.
How do I pay?
You can pay via cash, cheque, standing order or BACS transfer. If you work for a national company and will need to claim your receipts back from expenses then please talk to a Desk Den Representative who will be happy to discuss an alternative arrangement.
Can I invite guests into meet me at The Den?
Yes guests and clients are welcome to visit you while at The Den, we suggest one guest at a time. We would ask that you inform us in advance and that they sign in the reception diary when they arrive. There are breakout areas for you to chat with your guests if you do not require a meeting room.
Can I use my phone?
Yes you can use your phone; it is encouraged as you are here to work.
Can I divert my calls?
Yes we provide an answering service, ask The Den for further information.
Are their phones at The Den?
There are no phones at The Den for use by our Coworkers.
Can I fax?
Yes there is an all singing and dancing machine that faxes.
How do I gain extra support?
There are many forms of business support at The Den:
- Resource Centre
However if you require support outside these services then please speak to a Desk Den Representative who can further guide you and advice you. We also have a suggestion box where you can advise us on the topics you would like covered by our seminars and surgeries.
Can I bring lunch?
There is a kitchen with a fridge, microwave and kettle for your use with plates and cutlery. There are also coffee and tea making facilities at The Den.
You can also take advantage of the external services on the industrial estate: Tesco, Spa, Café and Greg’s.
You can park for FREE in any space that is not designated by one of the other tenants of Henley House. Parking is ample, around the side and back of the building.
Can I cycle and run to work?
Yes of course you can run and cycle to work, there are ways you can chain your bike up. However there are no washing room facilities only the public toilet. If you do run or cycle to work we suggest you bring toiletries that will allow you to freshen up without the use of a shower!
What is a Jelly?
Jelly is a casual working event, a gathering of people who work from home. It has taken place in over a hundred cities throughout the world where people have come together (in a coworking facility, person's home, a coffee shop, or an office) to work for the day.
We provide chairs, desks, wireless internet, and interesting people to talk to, collaborate with, and bounce ideas off of. At The Den we run JellySwansea every so often and advertise it on our events page, social media and local event listings, it is a FREE event, all you do is bring a laptop (or whatever you need to get your work done) and a friendly disposition.